|Job type||Full time|
|Location||In company's office|
|Job poster||Jeannette Jarvis|
|Description||We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to work in a dynamic and exciting new position within the FortiGuard Security Strategy Group (FSSG), office of the CISO. The Data Scientist’s main responsibilities will be data mining a plethora of information from FortiGuard Labs. This includes big data - global and regional trends based on unique intelligence served up from Fortinet’s global intelligence network, as well as specific data on regional and low volume levels. Other analysis projects include support for industry relationships like the Cyber Threat Alliance. They will work directly with backend FortiGuard and FortiGuard SE teams to track and promote new discoveries based off the Data Scientist’s analysis and threat illumination. The scientist will use multiple systems to correlate data while threat hunting. This includes FortiSandbox data and other backend research systems. |
The role reports into the Security Strategy organization, office of CISO. The Data Scientist will also work with our FortiGuard Tools team and Security Orchestrator in order to ingest new threat intelligence feeds for scientific analysis and evaluation, as well as export specific data sets based off filtered queries of interesting data including vertical specific information.
FortiGuard Services offer broad security solutions including antivirus, intrusion prevention, Web content filtering and anti-spam capabilities. These services help protect against threats on both application and network layers. FortiGuard Services are updated by FortiGuard Labs, which enables Fortinet to deliver a combination of multilayered security intelligence and zero-day protection from new and emerging threats. FortiGuard Labs has experts in cyber threat response and analysis worldwide.
Email me for more specifics on responsibilities.
|Skills||• Hands on experience in database design/operation/maintenance, MySQL, PostgreSQL |
• Big data hands on experience required (Apache Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, etc) along with data mining
• Deep appreciation and understanding of how web service work together, include HTTP, REST, XMLRPC, JSON and preferably STIX/TAXII
• Data visualization experience (Tableau, Qlikview, etc)
• Experience with of at least one scripting language: Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, etc
• Further development skills (C/C++) an asset
• Familiar understanding of malware and sandbox concepts
• Familiar understanding of security vulnerability and exploit lifecycle
• Networking concepts and Linux system administration skills
• Clear understanding of competitive landscape and differentiators in regard to APT defense
• Statistical and quantitative analysis (R, Matlab, SAS, Stata, etc) is a very strong asset
• Comprehensive understanding of machine learning concepts is a strong asset
• Highly motivated and responsible quick learner
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
|URL for more details||http://www.fortinet.com/|